This past week has been pretty light in terms of the amount of work I had to accomplish. My task for the week was to texture the ship model for our animation. I was using the art style of games like Jak and Daxter as my reference for the texture.
This reference was used because it is a simple, interesting design and while it is cartoonish it also reflects the feel of being generally realistic.
First, I created a simple pass at the texture to make sure the UVs worked properly and to get a general feel for the actual design on the ship. I then went back over this blocked-out texture and added necessary detailing to make it appear more realistic. I added depth, scratches, scuffs, paint marks, and the texture of metal underneath.